Are you there yet? Are you at the point where one more squat or lunge during a butt workout might just have you pulling your hair out? Or perhaps you’ve even toyed with the notion that the next size up in jeans can’t be that bad?
You’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it again: The best way to tone your backside are those two nasty words, squat and lunge.
Every fitness expert around seems to agree on that one fact. Therefore, the squat and its fraternal twin, the lunge, tend to show up in nearly every workout you come across.
So you’re doing them — you’re doing a lot of them. You’ve done every version of them. You’ve done them on balls, with bands, holding weights, over Kettlebells, and even in walking patterns. You’ve done so many of them you can’t squeeze out one more. There’s gotta be another way!
Your solution has arrived. This workout is designed to tighten up your booty sans any form of squat or lunge. So relax. Be guilt-free. You’re not alone.
This workout requires a resistance band. For each of the following exercises, perform 12 reps. Once you have gone through the entire routine, start at the top and go again. Three times through will provide optimal results — but two will give you the tightness you are looking for if you add this to workout routine two to three times a week. Good luck and get to it.
1. Glute Bridge
A) Lie on back with bent knees hip distance apart, and feet flat on mat stacked under the knees.
B) Engage the core and squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips to a bridge. Hold that squeeze for a few seconds and return to mat with control.
Perform 12 repetitions.
2. Resistance Band Alternating Glute Squeeze
1) Hold handles next to hips with elbows bent and place both feet on the band hip width apart.
2) Lift right foot and press the band back at an angle squeezing your glute. Keep leg straight. Release and switch sides. This is one repetition.
Perform 12 repetitions on each leg (24 total presses).
3. Resistance Band Butt Blasters
1) Kneel on floor and wrap band under right foot, and place hands down under shoulders holding handles against the floor.
2) Lift right knee off the floor slightly and push right foot back to extend leg straight against the band, squeezing your glute.
3) Release slowly bringing knee back in to a bent position.
Repeat for 12 repetitions, then switch to left leg for 12 repetitions.
4. Glute Leg Bridge Lift
A) Lie on back with bent knees hip distance apart, and feet flat on mat stacked under the knees. Extend one leg long towards the ceiling.
B) Squeeze glutes and lift hips off the mat into a bridge. Hold a few seconds as you squeeze your glute.
C) Slowly lower to start position. Repeat for 12 repetitions and switch legs.
Perform 12 repetitions per leg.
When you finish the entire sequence, begin at the top and repeat a second and maybe even a third time! Don’t forget to stretch out those glutes. They just might be feeling it tomorrow! Again, do this two to three times a week and voila, a rounder, fuller and stronger butt.